Monday, August 1, 2011

"Dr. Livingston I presume?"

The days of having never met my co-author are over. After six (at least, I lost count) years now, Renee and I finally met in person at Otakon 2011 in Baltimore last weekend.

In a day and age where people commonly misrepresent themselves on the Internet, it's refreshing to report that the real life Renee is much like that on-line one. I had only seen a couple pictures of her over the past, but looks exactly like she described herself. We "recognized" each other from opposite sides of them room without having to say a word. Personality-wise, she still hates my puns. Still threatens to write me into one of her short stories "wearing a tutu!". But we had a fun time wandering the art and dealer's room debating whether "cyberlox" dreads we saw would fit a race on a new series we've started.

At the end of the weekend, I shared the same opinion as my wife, who also met Renee. "She's one of those people who says 'This is who I am. Take it or leave it.' She's really nice. I like her."

1 comment: